A breath taking decor, petals on the table, a red candle; this seems like the most beautiful night of your life…
Suddenly, you hear drumrolls in the background, you see a spotlight shine from the sealing, and witness what will transform your evening into a horror movie making its dramatic entrance onto the table: The Bill!
But wait…why get yourself in this sticky situation when you can use the below 4 Golden Signs of the Ultimate Guide to Detect Expensive Restaurants in Lebanon!
GOLDEN RULE #1
From your first step in front of the restaurant you can easily tell if you are about to get ripped off just by examining its name.
Here are the name types to avoid in ascending order of danger:
– French Name : Autrefois, Marmitte, Parisien…
– French Name preceeded by a La or a Le (or if you’re really unlucky an L’ ) : La Cigogne, Le Richelieu, L’Obelix…
– French Person’s Name : Le Jean Claude, Chez Marie Claire…
– Arabic Name preceeded by a La or a Le : La Tanjara, Le Shawbak…
GOLDEN RULE #2
The name of the restaurant passed the test? You are not out of the danger zone yet. Next sign is in the People!
Here are the signs, in ascending order of danger:
– All waiters have one hand behind their back, even if carrying 10 platters and 5 glasses. Classy circus material.
– Everyone at the restaurant, including Valet, Waiters and Clients gives you a full head to toe scan with an extra longer examination of your shoes
– People are all whispering in a frequency so low that only dolphins could understand
– One or more clients are reading L’Orient le Jour
GOLDEN RULE #3
If one item could predict your state of mind for the rest of the month, it would definitely be the Menu!
Here are the Menu alarms in ascending order of danger:
– No french fries and/or a very strict no Ketchup policy
– Every set of ingredients has one ingredient you have NEVER heard of : Gingembre, Ganache,…
– The Menu serves animals that are neither Chicken, Cow nor Fish : Crocodile, Swan, Duck, Horse,…
– Plate names sound less like food and more like poems of La Fontaine : Canard Habillé A La Sauce Mistinguette
GOLDEN RULE #4 THE TABLE:
If all of the above passed or were not revealing enough, ONE GOLDEN RULE tops them all and NEVER goes wrong.
The number of digits on your bill is directly proportional to the number of forks, spoons & knives on the table!
And if, God forbid, you see the below unidentified alien like item on the table….
LIKE our FACEBOOK FAN PAGE to get all the posts right on your wall!